Dec 18, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Valencia was overmatched as a regular for the Twins, but has found a good niche as a part-timer used mostly versus left-handed pitching. He hit .304 with eight homers and an .888 OPS in 52 games for the Orioles this year and would make an ideal platoon partner with Mike Moustakas at third base.
Lough hit .286 in 96 games as a rookie, but he’s already 27 years old and the batting average was incredibly empty with just 10 walks and five homers in 335 plate appearances. He profiles best as a fourth outfielder.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 46
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (236)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)