Dec 18, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
It sounds like the Rockies are committed to playing Carlos Gonzales is center field after trading away Dexter Fowler, but they’ve picked up an alternative just in case.
Stubbs is probably best suited for a part-time role at this point, as he never really developed after showing promise with the Reds early on. This year he hit just .223 with 10 homers and a .665 OPS in 146 games for Cleveland and he hasn’t cracked a .700 OPS since 2010, but Stubbs is a very good base-stealer and defensive center fielder with some power.
Coloado deemed Outman expendable after signing Boone Logan to a three-year, $15 million deal (and trading for Franklin Morales today), but he pitched reasonably well with a 4.33 ERA and 53/23 K/BB ratio in 54 innings and should slot into a middle relief role in Cleveland. He held left-handed hitters to a .198 batting average and just one homer this year.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)