Dec 18, 2013, 6:44 AM EDT
Throwing another set of spike strips onto I-880 between Oakland and San Jose:
The San Jose City Council approved today a five year lease extension to keep the San Jose Giants playing at Municipal Stadium through the 2018 season . . .
. . . “We are very excited to call San Jose and Municipal Stadium our home for at least the next half decade,” said Daniel Orum, San Jose Giants President and CEO. “Over the past year, we have worked hard with the City to come to an agreement on a lease extension that allows us to continue to provide fun, affordable, family entertainment for families for years to come.”
If eight miracles happened and the A’s, the Giants, the City of San Jose and Major League Baseball all figured out that the A’s moving to San Jose made sense and should happen, sure, I imagine they could figure out some solution for the San Jose Giants. But I feel like, at this rate, the Giants are going to play out this lease in Municipal Stadium without any major league competition in town.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 47
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)