Dec 18, 2013, 6:44 AM EST
Throwing another set of spike strips onto I-880 between Oakland and San Jose:
The San Jose City Council approved today a five year lease extension to keep the San Jose Giants playing at Municipal Stadium through the 2018 season . . .
. . . “We are very excited to call San Jose and Municipal Stadium our home for at least the next half decade,” said Daniel Orum, San Jose Giants President and CEO. “Over the past year, we have worked hard with the City to come to an agreement on a lease extension that allows us to continue to provide fun, affordable, family entertainment for families for years to come.”
If eight miracles happened and the A’s, the Giants, the City of San Jose and Major League Baseball all figured out that the A’s moving to San Jose made sense and should happen, sure, I imagine they could figure out some solution for the San Jose Giants. But I feel like, at this rate, the Giants are going to play out this lease in Municipal Stadium without any major league competition in town.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24