Dec 18, 2013, 6:44 AM EDT
Throwing another set of spike strips onto I-880 between Oakland and San Jose:
The San Jose City Council approved today a five year lease extension to keep the San Jose Giants playing at Municipal Stadium through the 2018 season . . .
. . . “We are very excited to call San Jose and Municipal Stadium our home for at least the next half decade,” said Daniel Orum, San Jose Giants President and CEO. “Over the past year, we have worked hard with the City to come to an agreement on a lease extension that allows us to continue to provide fun, affordable, family entertainment for families for years to come.”
If eight miracles happened and the A’s, the Giants, the City of San Jose and Major League Baseball all figured out that the A’s moving to San Jose made sense and should happen, sure, I imagine they could figure out some solution for the San Jose Giants. But I feel like, at this rate, the Giants are going to play out this lease in Municipal Stadium without any major league competition in town.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 46
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (236)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)