Dec 18, 2013, 6:44 AM EDT
Throwing another set of spike strips onto I-880 between Oakland and San Jose:
The San Jose City Council approved today a five year lease extension to keep the San Jose Giants playing at Municipal Stadium through the 2018 season . . .
. . . “We are very excited to call San Jose and Municipal Stadium our home for at least the next half decade,” said Daniel Orum, San Jose Giants President and CEO. “Over the past year, we have worked hard with the City to come to an agreement on a lease extension that allows us to continue to provide fun, affordable, family entertainment for families for years to come.”
If eight miracles happened and the A’s, the Giants, the City of San Jose and Major League Baseball all figured out that the A’s moving to San Jose made sense and should happen, sure, I imagine they could figure out some solution for the San Jose Giants. But I feel like, at this rate, the Giants are going to play out this lease in Municipal Stadium without any major league competition in town.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)