Dec 19, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Corey Brown was designated for assignment by the Nationals last week and today they traded the 27-year-old outfielder to the A’s for cash considerations.
Or traded him back to the A’s, since Brown was drafted 59th overall by Oakland in 2007 and then traded to Washington in the Josh Willingham deal in December of 2010.
Brown has gotten just 45 total plate appearances in the majors and his Triple-A numbers are mostly mediocre, but he does have good power with 25 homers per 150 games in the International League.
And as Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com notes, this is the eighth trade between the A’s and Nationals in the past three seasons. Billy Beane and Mike Rizzo are besties at this point.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)