Dec 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
We last saw Wang getting shellacked in a July game for the Toronto Blue Jays, in which he couldn’t escape the second inning after allowing six runs on eight hits and a walk. This after he was staked to a 4-0 lead. The Jays designated him for assignment that night and that, we figured, was that. After all, he hadn’t had a full season worth of starts since 2007. He was moderately useful in a handful of starts in 2011. Otherwise it had been a disaster of injury and poor pitching for Wang for several years.
He has to be considered a long shot to make the team. Heck, he’s probably a long shot to get meaningful spring training starts. But I guess we get to see him in a uniform at least a couple more times.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)