Dec 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
We last saw Wang getting shellacked in a July game for the Toronto Blue Jays, in which he couldn’t escape the second inning after allowing six runs on eight hits and a walk. This after he was staked to a 4-0 lead. The Jays designated him for assignment that night and that, we figured, was that. After all, he hadn’t had a full season worth of starts since 2007. He was moderately useful in a handful of starts in 2011. Otherwise it had been a disaster of injury and poor pitching for Wang for several years.
He has to be considered a long shot to make the team. Heck, he’s probably a long shot to get meaningful spring training starts. But I guess we get to see him in a uniform at least a couple more times.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)