Dec 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
We last saw Wang getting shellacked in a July game for the Toronto Blue Jays, in which he couldn’t escape the second inning after allowing six runs on eight hits and a walk. This after he was staked to a 4-0 lead. The Jays designated him for assignment that night and that, we figured, was that. After all, he hadn’t had a full season worth of starts since 2007. He was moderately useful in a handful of starts in 2011. Otherwise it had been a disaster of injury and poor pitching for Wang for several years.
He has to be considered a long shot to make the team. Heck, he’s probably a long shot to get meaningful spring training starts. But I guess we get to see him in a uniform at least a couple more times.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)