Dec 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
We last saw Wang getting shellacked in a July game for the Toronto Blue Jays, in which he couldn’t escape the second inning after allowing six runs on eight hits and a walk. This after he was staked to a 4-0 lead. The Jays designated him for assignment that night and that, we figured, was that. After all, he hadn’t had a full season worth of starts since 2007. He was moderately useful in a handful of starts in 2011. Otherwise it had been a disaster of injury and poor pitching for Wang for several years.
He has to be considered a long shot to make the team. Heck, he’s probably a long shot to get meaningful spring training starts. But I guess we get to see him in a uniform at least a couple more times.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20