Dec 19, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Juan Gonzalez made something like $90 million in salary alone during his baseball career, so maybe he’s doing this to simply clear out the clutter. But whatever the motivation, you can now get your hands on some hot, hot Juan Gonzalez memorabilia.
Up for auction? His 1996 MVP award. His 1996 and 2001 Silver Slugger awards. An AL Player of the Month trophy from 1997. Game-used gloves, bats, jerseys, hats and other stuff. See the whole list here. An bid if you want.
I think Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Mark McGwire, Albert Belle or any of the other dozen or so better candidates for the 1996 MVP Award should consider bidding on that MVP trophy. Second chances like this don’t come along too often.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 4
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 9
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 63
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 55
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)