Dec 19, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Juan Gonzalez made something like $90 million in salary alone during his baseball career, so maybe he’s doing this to simply clear out the clutter. But whatever the motivation, you can now get your hands on some hot, hot Juan Gonzalez memorabilia.
Up for auction? His 1996 MVP award. His 1996 and 2001 Silver Slugger awards. An AL Player of the Month trophy from 1997. Game-used gloves, bats, jerseys, hats and other stuff. See the whole list here. An bid if you want.
I think Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Mark McGwire, Albert Belle or any of the other dozen or so better candidates for the 1996 MVP Award should consider bidding on that MVP trophy. Second chances like this don’t come along too often.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)