Dec 19, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Juan Gonzalez made something like $90 million in salary alone during his baseball career, so maybe he’s doing this to simply clear out the clutter. But whatever the motivation, you can now get your hands on some hot, hot Juan Gonzalez memorabilia.
Up for auction? His 1996 MVP award. His 1996 and 2001 Silver Slugger awards. An AL Player of the Month trophy from 1997. Game-used gloves, bats, jerseys, hats and other stuff. See the whole list here. An bid if you want.
I think Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Mark McGwire, Albert Belle or any of the other dozen or so better candidates for the 1996 MVP Award should consider bidding on that MVP trophy. Second chances like this don’t come along too often.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)