Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull — the Producer of “42” — named to the Hall of Fame Board of Directors
Dec 19, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Thomas Tull, the chairman and CEO of Legendary Entertainment — which has produced countless movies including Pacific Rim, The Dark Knight, The Hangover movies, Watchmen, 300, Inception, Clash of the Titans, Man of Steel and The Town — has been elected to the Board of Directors for the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, it was announced today.
Of course, Tull’s place on the board does not come by virtue of his work on “Pacific Rim.” It comes by virtue of a little baseball flick they put out last April called 42. It was quite a good one. His reverence for baseball history as shown in 42 — and his connections in the motion picture and entertainment world, obviously — will likely serve the Hall of Fame well.
The rest of the board: Chairman Jane Forbes Clark, whose grandfather, Stephen C. Clark, founded the Hall of Fame, Vice Chairman Joe Morgan; Hall of Fame players Phil Niekro, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson and Tom Seaver; Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig; major league owners Bill DeWitt Jr. (St. Louis), David Glass (Kansas City) and Jerry Reinsdorf (Chicago White Sox); former MLB President Paul Beeston; minor league owner Bill Gladstone (Tri-City Valley Cats), long-time sports executivs Dr. Harvey Schiller, Kevin Moore, president of the Clark Estates, Inc. and former Hall of Fame Chairman Ed Stack.
With Tull on the board, however, I can now put my great two loves together — Batman and baseball — and ask him (a) why the BBWAA gets to vote for the Hall of Fame; and (b) what in the hell was everyone thinking when they made “Dark Knight Rises?”
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)