Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull — the Producer of “42” — named to the Hall of Fame Board of Directors
Dec 19, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Thomas Tull, the chairman and CEO of Legendary Entertainment — which has produced countless movies including Pacific Rim, The Dark Knight, The Hangover movies, Watchmen, 300, Inception, Clash of the Titans, Man of Steel and The Town – has been elected to the Board of Directors for the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, it was announced today.
Of course, Tull’s place on the board does not come by virtue of his work on “Pacific Rim.” It comes by virtue of a little baseball flick they put out last April called 42. It was quite a good one. His reverence for baseball history as shown in 42 — and his connections in the motion picture and entertainment world, obviously — will likely serve the Hall of Fame well.
The rest of the board: Chairman Jane Forbes Clark, whose grandfather, Stephen C. Clark, founded the Hall of Fame, Vice Chairman Joe Morgan; Hall of Fame players Phil Niekro, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson and Tom Seaver; Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig; major league owners Bill DeWitt Jr. (St. Louis), David Glass (Kansas City) and Jerry Reinsdorf (Chicago White Sox); former MLB President Paul Beeston; minor league owner Bill Gladstone (Tri-City Valley Cats), long-time sports executivs Dr. Harvey Schiller, Kevin Moore, president of the Clark Estates, Inc. and former Hall of Fame Chairman Ed Stack.
With Tull on the board, however, I can now put my great two loves together — Batman and baseball — and ask him (a) why the BBWAA gets to vote for the Hall of Fame; and (b) what in the hell was everyone thinking when they made “Dark Knight Rises?”
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 4
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 1
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)