Dec 19, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
One day after trading Danny Valencia for outfielder David Lough the Orioles have added some more outfield depth, with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reporting that they’ve agreed to a minor-league deal with Xavier Paul.
Paul has bounced around a lot without getting a ton of extended chances, hitting .254 with 12 homers and a .692 OPS in 746 total plate appearances through age 28.
He’s always hit well in the minors, including a lifetime .323 batting average at Triple-A, and is certainly capable of being a productive part-timer or left-handed bench bat.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17