Dec 19, 2013, 6:18 PM EST
McCutchen hasn’t appeared in the majors since August 21, 2012. The 31-year-old spent this past season in the Orioles’ minor league system, posting a 3.43 ERA and 54/14 K/BB ratio in 60 1/3 innings as a starter and reliever between Double-A Bowie and Triple-A Norfolk. He missed a large chunk of the year while serving a 50-game PED suspension.
McCutchen owns a 4.77 ERA over 15 starts and 93 relief appearances in the majors. He will likely open 2014 with the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)