Dec 19, 2013, 11:31 AM EST
The Brewers announced Thursday the creation of a team Wall of Honor at Miller Park in 2014 as a way of honoring players who carved niches in franchise lore during their playing days and time as staff members in Milwaukee.
The Wall of Honor commemorates players, coaches and executives who meet a set of critera based on service to the club and/or career accomplishments. There will be 58 members in the inaugural class to be honored on Friday, June 13.
Tom Haudricourt’s story lists all 58 figures from Brewers history who will be honored. It’s quite a walk down memory lane.
The wall is something of an outer-circle honor, as the team already has a “Walk of Fame” for its big-time elites like Molitor and Yount, but there is definitely something to say for honoring the good guys and long-serving fixtures of teams, not just the Hall of Fame talents. Very cool.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)