Dec 19, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The Brewers announced Thursday the creation of a team Wall of Honor at Miller Park in 2014 as a way of honoring players who carved niches in franchise lore during their playing days and time as staff members in Milwaukee.
The Wall of Honor commemorates players, coaches and executives who meet a set of critera based on service to the club and/or career accomplishments. There will be 58 members in the inaugural class to be honored on Friday, June 13.
Tom Haudricourt’s story lists all 58 figures from Brewers history who will be honored. It’s quite a walk down memory lane.
The wall is something of an outer-circle honor, as the team already has a “Walk of Fame” for its big-time elites like Molitor and Yount, but there is definitely something to say for honoring the good guys and long-serving fixtures of teams, not just the Hall of Fame talents. Very cool.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)