Dec 19, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The Brewers announced Thursday the creation of a team Wall of Honor at Miller Park in 2014 as a way of honoring players who carved niches in franchise lore during their playing days and time as staff members in Milwaukee.
The Wall of Honor commemorates players, coaches and executives who meet a set of critera based on service to the club and/or career accomplishments. There will be 58 members in the inaugural class to be honored on Friday, June 13.
Tom Haudricourt’s story lists all 58 figures from Brewers history who will be honored. It’s quite a walk down memory lane.
The wall is something of an outer-circle honor, as the team already has a “Walk of Fame” for its big-time elites like Molitor and Yount, but there is definitely something to say for honoring the good guys and long-serving fixtures of teams, not just the Hall of Fame talents. Very cool.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)