Dec 19, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The Brewers announced Thursday the creation of a team Wall of Honor at Miller Park in 2014 as a way of honoring players who carved niches in franchise lore during their playing days and time as staff members in Milwaukee.
The Wall of Honor commemorates players, coaches and executives who meet a set of critera based on service to the club and/or career accomplishments. There will be 58 members in the inaugural class to be honored on Friday, June 13.
Tom Haudricourt’s story lists all 58 figures from Brewers history who will be honored. It’s quite a walk down memory lane.
The wall is something of an outer-circle honor, as the team already has a “Walk of Fame” for its big-time elites like Molitor and Yount, but there is definitely something to say for honoring the good guys and long-serving fixtures of teams, not just the Hall of Fame talents. Very cool.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)