Dec 20, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
It’s the Friday before Christmas so all of you are having your office Christmas parites. I used to have office Christmas parties. We’d have cocktails and chase women around desks and photocopy our rear ends and everything. Hi, I’m Craig, and I haven’t worked in an office since 1968!
Anyway, what I’m saying is, it’s a slow news day. So slow that I’m taking note of the fact that the Diamondbacks and Brad Ziegler avoided arbitration by agreeing to a two-year, $9.5 million contract extension today. That buys out his first year of free agency as well. Good deal for a guy who has posted a 2.35 ERA over the last two seasons and will likely remain quite useful for the Snakes.
After the signing they all went back to having cocktails and chasin women around desks and photocopying their rear ends and stuff.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)