Dec 20, 2013, 4:09 PM EST
It’s the Friday before Christmas so all of you are having your office Christmas parites. I used to have office Christmas parties. We’d have cocktails and chase women around desks and photocopy our rear ends and everything. Hi, I’m Craig, and I haven’t worked in an office since 1968!
Anyway, what I’m saying is, it’s a slow news day. So slow that I’m taking note of the fact that the Diamondbacks and Brad Ziegler avoided arbitration by agreeing to a two-year, $9.5 million contract extension today. That buys out his first year of free agency as well. Good deal for a guy who has posted a 2.35 ERA over the last two seasons and will likely remain quite useful for the Snakes.
After the signing they all went back to having cocktails and chasin women around desks and photocopying their rear ends and stuff.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)