Dec 20, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
It’s the Friday before Christmas so all of you are having your office Christmas parites. I used to have office Christmas parties. We’d have cocktails and chase women around desks and photocopy our rear ends and everything. Hi, I’m Craig, and I haven’t worked in an office since 1968!
Anyway, what I’m saying is, it’s a slow news day. So slow that I’m taking note of the fact that the Diamondbacks and Brad Ziegler avoided arbitration by agreeing to a two-year, $9.5 million contract extension today. That buys out his first year of free agency as well. Good deal for a guy who has posted a 2.35 ERA over the last two seasons and will likely remain quite useful for the Snakes.
After the signing they all went back to having cocktails and chasin women around desks and photocopying their rear ends and stuff.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (73)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (71)