Dec 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Grace, who went from the Diamondbacks’ broadcast booth to a prison cell due to multiple drunk driving convictions has a job in baseball once again. The Hillsboro Hops of the single-A Northwest League have announced that Grace will be their hitting instructor for 2014.
The Hops are affiliated with the Diamondbacks, a team which did not abandon Grace when his problems with alcohol became incompatible with his job as a team broadcaster. They allowed him to work as an instructor during spring training, when he was getting work-release passes from jail. Their loyalty to Grace in this regard is admirable and, quite possibly, vital to his recovery and rehabilitation.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20