Dec 20, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
MLB announced that Orioles left-hander Troy Patton has been suspended 25 games following a positive test for amphetamine use.
Patton has done nice work out of Baltimore’s bullpen during the past three seasons, throwing a combined 142 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 113/33 K/BB ratio in a middle relief role.
He was previously arrested for a DUI in 2011. Barring an appeal Patton will sit out the first month or so of the season.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)