Dec 20, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
MLB announced that Orioles left-hander Troy Patton has been suspended 25 games following a positive test for amphetamine use.
Patton has done nice work out of Baltimore’s bullpen during the past three seasons, throwing a combined 142 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 113/33 K/BB ratio in a middle relief role.
He was previously arrested for a DUI in 2011. Barring an appeal Patton will sit out the first month or so of the season.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 17
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)