Dec 20, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Despite yesterday’s reports that the Rakuten Golden Eagles have decided not to post Masahiro Tanaka, the team insists that it is still having internal discussions on the matter and has not made a decision one way or another.
There is no timetable for decision, and players can be posted up until February 1. While it’s unlikely that Rakuten will dilly dally that long, it’s thus theoretically possible that we won’t know where Tanaka is playing until around the time pitchers and catchers report, assuming maximum negotiating time and all of that.
Stay tuned for additional reports. Which, given how things have gone, will almost certainly contradict previous reports and then will be subsequently contradicted themselves.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 68
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)