Dec 20, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
The Phillie Phanatic is good for a laugh a majority of the time, whether he’s cavorting around Citizens Bank Park in his ATV, posing for pictures with fans in the stands, or rifling individually-wrapped hot dogs into the 400-level. The Phanatic, who hails from the Galapagos Islands (of Charles Darwinian fame), will be entering his 36th year of existence on this planet and he has become as much a part of the Phillies franchise as the athletes who don the red pinstripes themselves.
The Phillies’ latest creation involving the Phanatic is nightmare fuel, however. In an attempt to parody the popular YouTube video “What Does the Fox Say?” by Norwegian duo Ylvis, the Phillies created, “What’s the Phanatic Say?” It’s… something.
This, not the five-year, $125 million contract extension given to Ryan Howard, will be the lasting legacy of GM Ruben Amaro’s tenure with the Phillies.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 40
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 106
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (106)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)