Dec 20, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
The Phillie Phanatic is good for a laugh a majority of the time, whether he’s cavorting around Citizens Bank Park in his ATV, posing for pictures with fans in the stands, or rifling individually-wrapped hot dogs into the 400-level. The Phanatic, who hails from the Galapagos Islands (of Charles Darwinian fame), will be entering his 36th year of existence on this planet and he has become as much a part of the Phillies franchise as the athletes who don the red pinstripes themselves.
The Phillies’ latest creation involving the Phanatic is nightmare fuel, however. In an attempt to parody the popular YouTube video “What Does the Fox Say?” by Norwegian duo Ylvis, the Phillies created, “What’s the Phanatic Say?” It’s… something.
This, not the five-year, $125 million contract extension given to Ryan Howard, will be the lasting legacy of GM Ruben Amaro’s tenure with the Phillies.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)