Dec 20, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
The Phillie Phanatic is good for a laugh a majority of the time, whether he’s cavorting around Citizens Bank Park in his ATV, posing for pictures with fans in the stands, or rifling individually-wrapped hot dogs into the 400-level. The Phanatic, who hails from the Galapagos Islands (of Charles Darwinian fame), will be entering his 36th year of existence on this planet and he has become as much a part of the Phillies franchise as the athletes who don the red pinstripes themselves.
The Phillies’ latest creation involving the Phanatic is nightmare fuel, however. In an attempt to parody the popular YouTube video “What Does the Fox Say?” by Norwegian duo Ylvis, the Phillies created, “What’s the Phanatic Say?” It’s… something.
This, not the five-year, $125 million contract extension given to Ryan Howard, will be the lasting legacy of GM Ruben Amaro’s tenure with the Phillies.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 10
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 35
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Johnny Cueto to return to Reds’ rotation Tuesday 3
- Khris Davis has a torn meniscus in his right knee 8
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (87)