Dec 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Blanco spent time with the Blue Jays and Mariners this past season, batting just .142/.228/.246 with three home runs and 14 RBI over 150 plate appearances. He previously played with Arizona from 2011-2012. The Diamondbacks don’t have an obvious in-house candidate to serve as Miguel Montero‘s backup in 2014, so Blanco should have a legitimate chance to make the Opening Day roster assuming no other moves are made.
According to Eddy, the Diamondbacks have also given minor league deals to former top prospect Andy Marte and indy ball pitchers Bradley Blanks and Anthony Collazo.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 55
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 27
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)