Dec 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Blanco spent time with the Blue Jays and Mariners this past season, batting just .142/.228/.246 with three home runs and 14 RBI over 150 plate appearances. He previously played with Arizona from 2011-2012. The Diamondbacks don’t have an obvious in-house candidate to serve as Miguel Montero‘s backup in 2014, so Blanco should have a legitimate chance to make the Opening Day roster assuming no other moves are made.
According to Eddy, the Diamondbacks have also given minor league deals to former top prospect Andy Marte and indy ball pitchers Bradley Blanks and Anthony Collazo.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)