Dec 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Blanco spent time with the Blue Jays and Mariners this past season, batting just .142/.228/.246 with three home runs and 14 RBI over 150 plate appearances. He previously played with Arizona from 2011-2012. The Diamondbacks don’t have an obvious in-house candidate to serve as Miguel Montero‘s backup in 2014, so Blanco should have a legitimate chance to make the Opening Day roster assuming no other moves are made.
According to Eddy, the Diamondbacks have also given minor league deals to former top prospect Andy Marte and indy ball pitchers Bradley Blanks and Anthony Collazo.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)