Dec 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.com, Pill has reached an agreement with the KIA Tigers.
Baggarly hears that the Giants already have a deal in place to sell his contract, so Pill is just working on the money involved. John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reported earlier this evening that the Giants were asking for as much as $1 million to sell his contract to a team in Japan or Korea.
Pill, 29, has had a few stints with the Giants over the past three seasons while compiling a .223/.279/.404 batting line in 259 plate appearances.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 95
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 148
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (148)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (120)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)