Dec 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.com, Pill has reached an agreement with the KIA Tigers.
Baggarly hears that the Giants already have a deal in place to sell his contract, so Pill is just working on the money involved. John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reported earlier this evening that the Giants were asking for as much as $1 million to sell his contract to a team in Japan or Korea.
Pill, 29, has had a few stints with the Giants over the past three seasons while compiling a .223/.279/.404 batting line in 259 plate appearances.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)