Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer.
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who had the initial report, recently reported that Colabello has rejected the offer to play in Korea, preferring to stay in the U.S. Berardino adds that Colabello turned down a salary close to $1 million.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59