Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer.
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who had the initial report, recently reported that Colabello has rejected the offer to play in Korea, preferring to stay in the U.S. Berardino adds that Colabello turned down a salary close to $1 million.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27