Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer.
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who had the initial report, recently reported that Colabello has rejected the offer to play in Korea, preferring to stay in the U.S. Berardino adds that Colabello turned down a salary close to $1 million.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)