Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer.
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who had the initial report, recently reported that Colabello has rejected the offer to play in Korea, preferring to stay in the U.S. Berardino adds that Colabello turned down a salary close to $1 million.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)