Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer.
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who had the initial report, recently reported that Colabello has rejected the offer to play in Korea, preferring to stay in the U.S. Berardino adds that Colabello turned down a salary close to $1 million.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (104)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)