Dec 21, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Marlins have signed Jordany Valdespin to a minor league contract. This confirms a report from Baseball America’s J.J. Cooper yesterday and also proves that Valdespin’s fashion sense is rather prophetic.
Possibly the most-talked about .219 career hitter ever, Valdespin wore out his welcome in New York after a number of incidents with teammates, the opposition, and even his own manager Terry Collins. Making matters worse, he also served a 50-game suspension this summer for his ties to Biogenesis. The Mets finally non-tendered him last month.
Valdespin’s deal with the Marlins doesn’t even include an invite to spring training, so it’s fair to say that his career is pretty much at rock bottom right now. He’s expected to begin the season in Triple-A.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)