Dec 21, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Marlins have signed Jordany Valdespin to a minor league contract. This confirms a report from Baseball America’s J.J. Cooper yesterday and also proves that Valdespin’s fashion sense is rather prophetic.
Possibly the most-talked about .219 career hitter ever, Valdespin wore out his welcome in New York after a number of incidents with teammates, the opposition, and even his own manager Terry Collins. Making matters worse, he also served a 50-game suspension this summer for his ties to Biogenesis. The Mets finally non-tendered him last month.
Valdespin’s deal with the Marlins doesn’t even include an invite to spring training, so it’s fair to say that his career is pretty much at rock bottom right now. He’s expected to begin the season in Triple-A.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)