Dec 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Since becoming a regular contributor to the Mets in 2011, Turner has hit at about the league average, contributing his penchant for hitting doubles and an ability to play multiple positions. Over his career, he has spent 816.1 defensive innings at second base, 498.2 defensive innings at third base, 188.2 defensive innings at shortstop, and 158.2 defensive innings at first base.
While the Twins’ starting infield is more or less set, Turner would make a lot of sense for them as a depth addition.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)