Dec 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Since becoming a regular contributor to the Mets in 2011, Turner has hit at about the league average, contributing his penchant for hitting doubles and an ability to play multiple positions. Over his career, he has spent 816.1 defensive innings at second base, 498.2 defensive innings at third base, 188.2 defensive innings at shortstop, and 158.2 defensive innings at first base.
While the Twins’ starting infield is more or less set, Turner would make a lot of sense for them as a depth addition.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)