Dec 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Since becoming a regular contributor to the Mets in 2011, Turner has hit at about the league average, contributing his penchant for hitting doubles and an ability to play multiple positions. Over his career, he has spent 816.1 defensive innings at second base, 498.2 defensive innings at third base, 188.2 defensive innings at shortstop, and 158.2 defensive innings at first base.
While the Twins’ starting infield is more or less set, Turner would make a lot of sense for them as a depth addition.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)