Dec 23, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Patrick Newman of NPB tracker has a pretty handy post up. One that answers a question I’ve often had but usually forget to think more about after the initial thought: how much do U.S. players make when they go over to Japan?
The answer: it depends on how much MLB experience, if any. Kevin Youkilis and Andruw Jones are at one end of the scale, a guy who couldn’t break out of Triple-A is someplace in the middle and a guy who has scuffled around various winter leagues and independent leagues as, obviously, down low.
Click through to NPB tracker for the actual numbers and a little handy bit of knowledge on this slow Monday morning.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 80
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)