Dec 23, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Patrick Newman of NPB tracker has a pretty handy post up. One that answers a question I’ve often had but usually forget to think more about after the initial thought: how much do U.S. players make when they go over to Japan?
The answer: it depends on how much MLB experience, if any. Kevin Youkilis and Andruw Jones are at one end of the scale, a guy who couldn’t break out of Triple-A is someplace in the middle and a guy who has scuffled around various winter leagues and independent leagues as, obviously, down low.
Click through to NPB tracker for the actual numbers and a little handy bit of knowledge on this slow Monday morning.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)