Dec 23, 2013, 7:45 AM EST
Patrick Newman of NPB tracker has a pretty handy post up. One that answers a question I’ve often had but usually forget to think more about after the initial thought: how much do U.S. players make when they go over to Japan?
The answer: it depends on how much MLB experience, if any. Kevin Youkilis and Andruw Jones are at one end of the scale, a guy who couldn’t break out of Triple-A is someplace in the middle and a guy who has scuffled around various winter leagues and independent leagues as, obviously, down low.
Click through to NPB tracker for the actual numbers and a little handy bit of knowledge on this slow Monday morning.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (183)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)