Dec 23, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Patrick Newman of NPB tracker has a pretty handy post up. One that answers a question I’ve often had but usually forget to think more about after the initial thought: how much do U.S. players make when they go over to Japan?
The answer: it depends on how much MLB experience, if any. Kevin Youkilis and Andruw Jones are at one end of the scale, a guy who couldn’t break out of Triple-A is someplace in the middle and a guy who has scuffled around various winter leagues and independent leagues as, obviously, down low.
Click through to NPB tracker for the actual numbers and a little handy bit of knowledge on this slow Monday morning.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)