Dec 23, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
Perez had spent the past four seasons as the closer for the Indians, but increasing ineffectiveness and some non-baseball-related incidents made him more trouble to the Indians than he was worth. Over those four years, he saved 123 games while posting a 3.19 ERA in 234.1 innings. The Indians released him after the season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)