Dec 23, 2013, 9:08 AM EST
I think the best thing about the Orioles pulling the rug out from under Grant Balfour is that the two teams who have expressed interest in him since that deal fell through — the Rays and now the Yankees, according to the New York Post’s Kevin Kernan — are both in the AL East, thereby giving Balfour ample opportunity to hit Orioles batters and bark up in the direction of the Orioles’ owners box as often as possible.
Balfour — who says, in no uncertain terms, that he’s healthy — posted a 2.35 ERA (154 ERA+) in his three years with Oakland while tallying 64 saves.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 23
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)