Dec 23, 2013, 9:08 AM EDT
I think the best thing about the Orioles pulling the rug out from under Grant Balfour is that the two teams who have expressed interest in him since that deal fell through — the Rays and now the Yankees, according to the New York Post’s Kevin Kernan — are both in the AL East, thereby giving Balfour ample opportunity to hit Orioles batters and bark up in the direction of the Orioles’ owners box as often as possible.
Balfour — who says, in no uncertain terms, that he’s healthy — posted a 2.35 ERA (154 ERA+) in his three years with Oakland while tallying 64 saves.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)