Dec 24, 2013, 10:18 AM EST
Ryan Madson has signed two sizable contracts with two different teams since leaving Philadelphia as a free agent after the 2011 season, but he’s yet to throw a pitch in a big-league game because of elbow problems. And now he might be returning to the Phillies.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies are interested in a reunion with Madson and the right-hander “has some interest in rejoining the Phillies.” Salisbury suggests that it would have to be a minor-league deal with a chance to win a bullpen job during spring training, but the odds of Madson securing a guaranteed contract anywhere else at this point seem pretty slim.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)