Dec 24, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Ryan Madson has signed two sizable contracts with two different teams since leaving Philadelphia as a free agent after the 2011 season, but he’s yet to throw a pitch in a big-league game because of elbow problems. And now he might be returning to the Phillies.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies are interested in a reunion with Madson and the right-hander “has some interest in rejoining the Phillies.” Salisbury suggests that it would have to be a minor-league deal with a chance to win a bullpen job during spring training, but the odds of Madson securing a guaranteed contract anywhere else at this point seem pretty slim.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)