Dec 24, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Ryan Madson has signed two sizable contracts with two different teams since leaving Philadelphia as a free agent after the 2011 season, but he’s yet to throw a pitch in a big-league game because of elbow problems. And now he might be returning to the Phillies.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies are interested in a reunion with Madson and the right-hander “has some interest in rejoining the Phillies.” Salisbury suggests that it would have to be a minor-league deal with a chance to win a bullpen job during spring training, but the odds of Madson securing a guaranteed contract anywhere else at this point seem pretty slim.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)