Dec 26, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Chris Narveson, who was a mid-rotation starter for the Brewers in 2010 and 2011 before injuries derailed him, has agreed to a deal with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows in Japan.
According to the Japan Times his deal is worth $850,000 for one season and the 33-year-old left-hander can also earn further incentives.
Narveson totaled just 11 innings in the majors during the past two seasons after starting 28 games for Milwaukee in back-to-back years.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29