Dec 27, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal is pretty straightforward with his Hall of Fame balloting: he won’t vote for the PED guys. Bright side: he’s pretty strict about who he considers to be a PED guy, limiting to guys against whom there is strong evidence. This is totally defensible even if I’d approach it differently. there is rigor and fairness involved and he doesn’t play the innuendo and guilt-by-association games.
Here’s his Hall of Fame ballot. The most notable thing: ten guys are on it, despite his no-PED policy. And all ten are worthy, which just shows you how stocked the ballot is this year. It shows that there is basically no excuse for anyone turning in a ballot with only a couple of guys on it.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)