Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
According to Puma the Mets asked the Orioles for minor league left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez in exchange for Davis and were turned down, but New York continues to talk to Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh about trading the first baseman.
Rodriguez spent last season pitching between high Single-A and Double-A, throwing 145 innings with a 3.41 ERA and 125/49 K/BB ratio. Those aren’t amazing numbers, but Rodriguez was only 20 years old and Baseball America rates him as the Orioles’ third-best prospect behind stud pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 0
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 14
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)