Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
According to Puma the Mets asked the Orioles for minor league left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez in exchange for Davis and were turned down, but New York continues to talk to Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh about trading the first baseman.
Rodriguez spent last season pitching between high Single-A and Double-A, throwing 145 innings with a 3.41 ERA and 125/49 K/BB ratio. Those aren’t amazing numbers, but Rodriguez was only 20 years old and Baseball America rates him as the Orioles’ third-best prospect behind stud pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 23
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 62
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)