Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
According to Puma the Mets asked the Orioles for minor league left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez in exchange for Davis and were turned down, but New York continues to talk to Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh about trading the first baseman.
Rodriguez spent last season pitching between high Single-A and Double-A, throwing 145 innings with a 3.41 ERA and 125/49 K/BB ratio. Those aren’t amazing numbers, but Rodriguez was only 20 years old and Baseball America rates him as the Orioles’ third-best prospect behind stud pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)