Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
According to Puma the Mets asked the Orioles for minor league left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez in exchange for Davis and were turned down, but New York continues to talk to Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh about trading the first baseman.
Rodriguez spent last season pitching between high Single-A and Double-A, throwing 145 innings with a 3.41 ERA and 125/49 K/BB ratio. Those aren’t amazing numbers, but Rodriguez was only 20 years old and Baseball America rates him as the Orioles’ third-best prospect behind stud pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 21
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)