Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
According to Puma the Mets asked the Orioles for minor league left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez in exchange for Davis and were turned down, but New York continues to talk to Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh about trading the first baseman.
Rodriguez spent last season pitching between high Single-A and Double-A, throwing 145 innings with a 3.41 ERA and 125/49 K/BB ratio. Those aren’t amazing numbers, but Rodriguez was only 20 years old and Baseball America rates him as the Orioles’ third-best prospect behind stud pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)