Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that the Angels have emerged as the front runner to sign Mark Mulder. He writes that an incentive-laden deal could be reached soon.
Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2008 but is eager to make an attempt at a comeback. He tore his rotator cuff in 2006, forced to have surgery on his left shoulder in September. Mulder returned in September 2007 but still wasn’t right and went back under the knife for a second time in a second consecutive September. He made three appearances in late June and early July 2008 before landing on the DL again.
In his column posted on Sunday, Cafardo wrote that Mulder’s velocity was ranging from 88 to 92 MPH.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)