Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that the Angels have emerged as the front runner to sign Mark Mulder. He writes that an incentive-laden deal could be reached soon.
Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2008 but is eager to make an attempt at a comeback. He tore his rotator cuff in 2006, forced to have surgery on his left shoulder in September. Mulder returned in September 2007 but still wasn’t right and went back under the knife for a second time in a second consecutive September. He made three appearances in late June and early July 2008 before landing on the DL again.
In his column posted on Sunday, Cafardo wrote that Mulder’s velocity was ranging from 88 to 92 MPH.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)