Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that the Angels have emerged as the front runner to sign Mark Mulder. He writes that an incentive-laden deal could be reached soon.
Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2008 but is eager to make an attempt at a comeback. He tore his rotator cuff in 2006, forced to have surgery on his left shoulder in September. Mulder returned in September 2007 but still wasn’t right and went back under the knife for a second time in a second consecutive September. He made three appearances in late June and early July 2008 before landing on the DL again.
In his column posted on Sunday, Cafardo wrote that Mulder’s velocity was ranging from 88 to 92 MPH.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)