Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that the Angels have emerged as the front runner to sign Mark Mulder. He writes that an incentive-laden deal could be reached soon.
Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2008 but is eager to make an attempt at a comeback. He tore his rotator cuff in 2006, forced to have surgery on his left shoulder in September. Mulder returned in September 2007 but still wasn’t right and went back under the knife for a second time in a second consecutive September. He made three appearances in late June and early July 2008 before landing on the DL again.
In his column posted on Sunday, Cafardo wrote that Mulder’s velocity was ranging from 88 to 92 MPH.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29