Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is reporting that the Angels have emerged as the front runner to sign Mark Mulder. He writes that an incentive-laden deal could be reached soon.
Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2008 but is eager to make an attempt at a comeback. He tore his rotator cuff in 2006, forced to have surgery on his left shoulder in September. Mulder returned in September 2007 but still wasn’t right and went back under the knife for a second time in a second consecutive September. He made three appearances in late June and early July 2008 before landing on the DL again.
In his column posted on Sunday, Cafardo wrote that Mulder’s velocity was ranging from 88 to 92 MPH.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)