Dec 27, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Close, of course, is Derek Jeter‘s agent, so there’s an existing relationship there. And the Yankees could use a starting pitcher pretty darn badly, so there is certainly a desire. And whether Tanaka signs with New York or not, having them act so aggressively is going to make him an awful lot of money.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)