Dec 27, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Close, of course, is Derek Jeter‘s agent, so there’s an existing relationship there. And the Yankees could use a starting pitcher pretty darn badly, so there is certainly a desire. And whether Tanaka signs with New York or not, having them act so aggressively is going to make him an awful lot of money.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)