Dec 28, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Chris Volstad signed a minor league deal with the Angels back in November, but it sounds like he won’t actually throw a pitch for the team.
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register has confirmed that Volstad is expected to be released by the Angels so that he can sign with a team in the Korean Baseball Organization. Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net reported earlier this week that the 27-year-old right-hander was close to signing with the Doosan Bears.
Volstad, a 2005 first round pick of the Marlins, owns a 4.94 ERA over 123 starts and seven relief appearances in the majors. He had two brief stints with the Rockies this past season, but spent the majority of the year in Triple-A.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)