Dec 28, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Benoit is guaranteed $15.5 million over the life of the contract. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, the deal includes an $8 million vesting option for 2016 if he reaches 55 games finished in 2015.
Benoit, 36, emerged as the closer for the Tigers this past season while posting a 2.01 ERA and 73/22 K/BB ratio over 67 innings. However, he’ll help set up for Huston Street in San Diego.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)