Dec 28, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
Benoit is guaranteed $15.5 million over the life of the contract. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, the deal includes an $8 million vesting option for 2016 if he reaches 55 games finished in 2015.
Benoit, 36, emerged as the closer for the Tigers this past season while posting a 2.01 ERA and 73/22 K/BB ratio over 67 innings. However, he’ll help set up for Huston Street in San Diego.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)