Dec 28, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Courtesy of the official Twitter account of the Yankees media relations department, here’s a look at Yankee Stadium for today’s Pinstripe Bowl between Notre Dame and Rutgers. Kickoff is just a few minutes away.
It’s still weird to see a football field at Yankee Stadium, but the scene isn’t nearly as striking as last year when there was snow on the ground. This is downright pleasant in comparison. Shame we still have to wait a little over three months for baseball to be played there again.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 14
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 71
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)