Dec 28, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Courtesy of the official Twitter account of the Yankees media relations department, here’s a look at Yankee Stadium for today’s Pinstripe Bowl between Notre Dame and Rutgers. Kickoff is just a few minutes away.
It’s still weird to see a football field at Yankee Stadium, but the scene isn’t nearly as striking as last year when there was snow on the ground. This is downright pleasant in comparison. Shame we still have to wait a little over three months for baseball to be played there again.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)