Dec 28, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Courtesy of the official Twitter account of the Yankees media relations department, here’s a look at Yankee Stadium for today’s Pinstripe Bowl between Notre Dame and Rutgers. Kickoff is just a few minutes away.
It’s still weird to see a football field at Yankee Stadium, but the scene isn’t nearly as striking as last year when there was snow on the ground. This is downright pleasant in comparison. Shame we still have to wait a little over three months for baseball to be played there again.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (130)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)