Dec 28, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
According to the Naples Daily News, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested this morning on a reckless driving charge in Florida. He was clocked at 110 mph in a 70 mph zone while driving his 2013 Mercedes on the Alligator Alley section of I-75.
Per Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Greg Bueno, the arrest occurred around 9:30 a.m. ET. Wink News reports that Puig was released a few hours later.
Of course, this isn’t Puig’s first brush with the law. He was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and driving without proof of insurance in April after he was pulled over for driving at 97 mph in a 50 mph zone in Tennessee. With no previous criminal record, those charges were eventually dropped in November, partially because of his charity work. He’s probably not going to get off as easily this time around.
UPDATE: Courtesy of the Twitter account of the Naples Daily News, here’s a look at Puig’s booking photo:
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)