Dec 28, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
According to the Naples Daily News, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested this morning on a reckless driving charge in Florida. He was clocked at 110 mph in a 70 mph zone while driving his 2013 Mercedes on the Alligator Alley section of I-75.
Per Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Greg Bueno, the arrest occurred around 9:30 a.m. ET. Wink News reports that Puig was released a few hours later.
Of course, this isn’t Puig’s first brush with the law. He was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and driving without proof of insurance in April after he was pulled over for driving at 97 mph in a 50 mph zone in Tennessee. With no previous criminal record, those charges were eventually dropped in November, partially because of his charity work. He’s probably not going to get off as easily this time around.
UPDATE: Courtesy of the Twitter account of the Naples Daily News, here’s a look at Puig’s booking photo:
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)