Dec 28, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
According to the Naples Daily News, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested this morning on a reckless driving charge in Florida. He was clocked at 110 mph in a 70 mph zone while driving his 2013 Mercedes on the Alligator Alley section of I-75.
Per Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Greg Bueno, the arrest occurred around 9:30 a.m. ET. Wink News reports that Puig was released a few hours later.
Of course, this isn’t Puig’s first brush with the law. He was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and driving without proof of insurance in April after he was pulled over for driving at 97 mph in a 50 mph zone in Tennessee. With no previous criminal record, those charges were eventually dropped in November, partially because of his charity work. He’s probably not going to get off as easily this time around.
UPDATE: Courtesy of the Twitter account of the Naples Daily News, here’s a look at Puig’s booking photo:
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)