Dec 28, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
According to the Naples Daily News, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested this morning on a reckless driving charge in Florida. He was clocked at 110 mph in a 70 mph zone while driving his 2013 Mercedes on the Alligator Alley section of I-75.
Per Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Greg Bueno, the arrest occurred around 9:30 a.m. ET. Wink News reports that Puig was released a few hours later.
Of course, this isn’t Puig’s first brush with the law. He was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and driving without proof of insurance in April after he was pulled over for driving at 97 mph in a 50 mph zone in Tennessee. With no previous criminal record, those charges were eventually dropped in November, partially because of his charity work. He’s probably not going to get off as easily this time around.
UPDATE: Courtesy of the Twitter account of the Naples Daily News, here’s a look at Puig’s booking photo:
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 30
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 75
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)