Dec 28, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
According to the Naples Daily News, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested this morning on a reckless driving charge in Florida. He was clocked at 110 mph in a 70 mph zone while driving his 2013 Mercedes on the Alligator Alley section of I-75.
Per Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Greg Bueno, the arrest occurred around 9:30 a.m. ET. Wink News reports that Puig was released a few hours later.
Of course, this isn’t Puig’s first brush with the law. He was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and driving without proof of insurance in April after he was pulled over for driving at 97 mph in a 50 mph zone in Tennessee. With no previous criminal record, those charges were eventually dropped in November, partially because of his charity work. He’s probably not going to get off as easily this time around.
UPDATE: Courtesy of the Twitter account of the Naples Daily News, here’s a look at Puig’s booking photo:
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 8
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)