Dec 29, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks have had an active off-season, getting involved in two separate three-team trades. In the more recent of the two, they picked up Mark Trumbo from the Angels. They also picked up closer Addison Reed from the White Sox in a separate deal.
Aside from the Dodgers, the NL West is relatively weak, so the Diamondbacks are picking up a lot of ground in a winnable division. Adding Tanaka would be a huge boon to their playoff hopes.
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 16
- Rob Manfred expects there to be spring training games in Cuba next year 12
- Stephen Strasburg has a left trapezius strain 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 104
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 12
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 36
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (155)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (104)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)