Dec 29, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks have had an active off-season, getting involved in two separate three-team trades. In the more recent of the two, they picked up Mark Trumbo from the Angels. They also picked up closer Addison Reed from the White Sox in a separate deal.
Aside from the Dodgers, the NL West is relatively weak, so the Diamondbacks are picking up a lot of ground in a winnable division. Adding Tanaka would be a huge boon to their playoff hopes.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)