Dec 30, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Some guys come back from arm trouble. Some guys come back after a premature retirement. Carl Pavano is trying to come back from a ruptured friggin’ spleen. An injury that, though I was fully aware of it at the time, I apparently blocked out of my memory because, man, that sounded awful. Indeed, it could have killed him.
Anyway, after a year off — and, it must be noted a year before that of highly ineffective pitching — Pavano is thinking comeback. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says that Pavano has been building up arm strength and may be working toward a showcase for interested teams.
Could be interesting I guess. Before his injury last winter there were multiple teams interested in his services despite his ugly 2012 season.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11