Dec 30, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Some guys come back from arm trouble. Some guys come back after a premature retirement. Carl Pavano is trying to come back from a ruptured friggin’ spleen. An injury that, though I was fully aware of it at the time, I apparently blocked out of my memory because, man, that sounded awful. Indeed, it could have killed him.
Anyway, after a year off — and, it must be noted a year before that of highly ineffective pitching — Pavano is thinking comeback. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says that Pavano has been building up arm strength and may be working toward a showcase for interested teams.
Could be interesting I guess. Before his injury last winter there were multiple teams interested in his services despite his ugly 2012 season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17