Dec 30, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Some guys come back from arm trouble. Some guys come back after a premature retirement. Carl Pavano is trying to come back from a ruptured friggin’ spleen. An injury that, though I was fully aware of it at the time, I apparently blocked out of my memory because, man, that sounded awful. Indeed, it could have killed him.
Anyway, after a year off — and, it must be noted a year before that of highly ineffective pitching — Pavano is thinking comeback. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says that Pavano has been building up arm strength and may be working toward a showcase for interested teams.
Could be interesting I guess. Before his injury last winter there were multiple teams interested in his services despite his ugly 2012 season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)