Dec 30, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Some guys come back from arm trouble. Some guys come back after a premature retirement. Carl Pavano is trying to come back from a ruptured friggin’ spleen. An injury that, though I was fully aware of it at the time, I apparently blocked out of my memory because, man, that sounded awful. Indeed, it could have killed him.
Anyway, after a year off — and, it must be noted a year before that of highly ineffective pitching — Pavano is thinking comeback. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says that Pavano has been building up arm strength and may be working toward a showcase for interested teams.
Could be interesting I guess. Before his injury last winter there were multiple teams interested in his services despite his ugly 2012 season.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)