Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
I had missed this following the early December trade that sent Adam Eaton from the Dbacks to the White Sox, but apparently a Diamondbacks player anonymously slammed Eaton as he walked out the door, calling him “a selfish me-me type player” and generally calling him a headache and a distraction. Today Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic speaks with Eaton who is surprised by the accusation and offers an apology if he offended anyone. Not that he feels like he offended anyone.
Can’t win with the Diamondbacks, I guess. If you’re not a fiery dirt dog you’re sent out of town because of your lack of grit, like Justin Upton was, after which they question your character. If you’re an intense rah-rah guy like Eaton they run you down too.
The common denominator: the Diamondbacks — who often make a point to talk about what is and what is not proper professional behavior — like to talk smack about you after you leave town.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)