Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
I had missed this following the early December trade that sent Adam Eaton from the Dbacks to the White Sox, but apparently a Diamondbacks player anonymously slammed Eaton as he walked out the door, calling him “a selfish me-me type player” and generally calling him a headache and a distraction. Today Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic speaks with Eaton who is surprised by the accusation and offers an apology if he offended anyone. Not that he feels like he offended anyone.
Can’t win with the Diamondbacks, I guess. If you’re not a fiery dirt dog you’re sent out of town because of your lack of grit, like Justin Upton was, after which they question your character. If you’re an intense rah-rah guy like Eaton they run you down too.
The common denominator: the Diamondbacks — who often make a point to talk about what is and what is not proper professional behavior — like to talk smack about you after you leave town.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)