Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
I had missed this following the early December trade that sent Adam Eaton from the Dbacks to the White Sox, but apparently a Diamondbacks player anonymously slammed Eaton as he walked out the door, calling him “a selfish me-me type player” and generally calling him a headache and a distraction. Today Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic speaks with Eaton who is surprised by the accusation and offers an apology if he offended anyone. Not that he feels like he offended anyone.
Can’t win with the Diamondbacks, I guess. If you’re not a fiery dirt dog you’re sent out of town because of your lack of grit, like Justin Upton was, after which they question your character. If you’re an intense rah-rah guy like Eaton they run you down too.
The common denominator: the Diamondbacks — who often make a point to talk about what is and what is not proper professional behavior — like to talk smack about you after you leave town.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 14
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)