Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
I had missed this following the early December trade that sent Adam Eaton from the Dbacks to the White Sox, but apparently a Diamondbacks player anonymously slammed Eaton as he walked out the door, calling him “a selfish me-me type player” and generally calling him a headache and a distraction. Today Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic speaks with Eaton who is surprised by the accusation and offers an apology if he offended anyone. Not that he feels like he offended anyone.
Can’t win with the Diamondbacks, I guess. If you’re not a fiery dirt dog you’re sent out of town because of your lack of grit, like Justin Upton was, after which they question your character. If you’re an intense rah-rah guy like Eaton they run you down too.
The common denominator: the Diamondbacks — who often make a point to talk about what is and what is not proper professional behavior — like to talk smack about you after you leave town.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)