Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
I had missed this following the early December trade that sent Adam Eaton from the Dbacks to the White Sox, but apparently a Diamondbacks player anonymously slammed Eaton as he walked out the door, calling him “a selfish me-me type player” and generally calling him a headache and a distraction. Today Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic speaks with Eaton who is surprised by the accusation and offers an apology if he offended anyone. Not that he feels like he offended anyone.
Can’t win with the Diamondbacks, I guess. If you’re not a fiery dirt dog you’re sent out of town because of your lack of grit, like Justin Upton was, after which they question your character. If you’re an intense rah-rah guy like Eaton they run you down too.
The common denominator: the Diamondbacks — who often make a point to talk about what is and what is not proper professional behavior — like to talk smack about you after you leave town.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54