Jan 2, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
Drug suspensions don’t stop for slow holiday weeks:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Minor League catcher Carlos Ramirez has received a 100-game suspension without pay after a third positive test for a drug of abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Ramirez plays for the Salt Lake Bees. He turns 26 in March and has basically been a backup for most of his minor league career. So it will not be too terribly surprising if this is the first and last time his name graces the virtual pages of HardballTalk.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)