Jan 2, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Drug suspensions don’t stop for slow holiday weeks:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Minor League catcher Carlos Ramirez has received a 100-game suspension without pay after a third positive test for a drug of abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Ramirez plays for the Salt Lake Bees. He turns 26 in March and has basically been a backup for most of his minor league career. So it will not be too terribly surprising if this is the first and last time his name graces the virtual pages of HardballTalk.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20