Jan 2, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Drug suspensions don’t stop for slow holiday weeks:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Minor League catcher Carlos Ramirez has received a 100-game suspension without pay after a third positive test for a drug of abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Ramirez plays for the Salt Lake Bees. He turns 26 in March and has basically been a backup for most of his minor league career. So it will not be too terribly surprising if this is the first and last time his name graces the virtual pages of HardballTalk.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)