Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Fact: back in the 19th century all “tire-kicking” tweets about baseball free agents were about looking at horse’s teeth:
Word from MLB contact: #MNTwins again kicking tires on Garza. Willing to pay high $. But same concern as before: don’t want to do big years.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) January 2, 2014
Haha, just kidding. Free agency didn’t exist until the 1970s.
Anyway, Garza was reported as being interested in the Twins back in November. He started out there, of course. And after time in hitter-friendly parks in Chicago and Texas, you have to figure Garza — who posted a 3.82 ERA in 155.1 innings over 24 starts last year — wouldn’t mind some time in Target Field.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)