Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Fact: back in the 19th century all “tire-kicking” tweets about baseball free agents were about looking at horse’s teeth:
Word from MLB contact: #MNTwins again kicking tires on Garza. Willing to pay high $. But same concern as before: don’t want to do big years.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) January 2, 2014
Haha, just kidding. Free agency didn’t exist until the 1970s.
Anyway, Garza was reported as being interested in the Twins back in November. He started out there, of course. And after time in hitter-friendly parks in Chicago and Texas, you have to figure Garza — who posted a 3.82 ERA in 155.1 innings over 24 starts last year — wouldn’t mind some time in Target Field.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)