Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Fact: back in the 19th century all “tire-kicking” tweets about baseball free agents were about looking at horse’s teeth:
Word from MLB contact: #MNTwins again kicking tires on Garza. Willing to pay high $. But same concern as before: don’t want to do big years.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) January 2, 2014
Haha, just kidding. Free agency didn’t exist until the 1970s.
Anyway, Garza was reported as being interested in the Twins back in November. He started out there, of course. And after time in hitter-friendly parks in Chicago and Texas, you have to figure Garza — who posted a 3.82 ERA in 155.1 innings over 24 starts last year — wouldn’t mind some time in Target Field.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)