Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Fact: back in the 19th century all “tire-kicking” tweets about baseball free agents were about looking at horse’s teeth:
Word from MLB contact: #MNTwins again kicking tires on Garza. Willing to pay high $. But same concern as before: don’t want to do big years.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) January 2, 2014
Haha, just kidding. Free agency didn’t exist until the 1970s.
Anyway, Garza was reported as being interested in the Twins back in November. He started out there, of course. And after time in hitter-friendly parks in Chicago and Texas, you have to figure Garza — who posted a 3.82 ERA in 155.1 innings over 24 starts last year – wouldn’t mind some time in Target Field.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 79
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)