Jan 3, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
In his absence Trevor Rosenthal has taken over as the Cardinals’ closer after Motte saved a league-leading 42 games in 2012, so whenever he does return it’ll be as a setup man. And according to Goold the 32-year-old right-hander is “working toward games possibly in mid-March.”
There are quite a few hurdles to clear before then and Motte is definitely behind a normal pitching schedule as spring training nears. There’s a good chance he’ll begin the season on the disabled list, but by May or June he could be helping an already deep Cardinals bullpen.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)