Jan 3, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Crain is a big question mark after missing the second half with a shoulder injury, but he was having a fantastic season before getting hurt and if healthy certainly would have been in line for a two- or three-year deal for much more than $3.25 million per season.
Going to Houston gives him a chance to rack up saves in a closer role and it gives the Astros a chance to potentially trade him for some future value around midseason.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)